- 2 1/2 cups ground chocolate wafer cookies (about one 9-ounce package)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- One 1.2-ounce bag freeze-dried strawberries
- One 12-ounce bag white chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- *1 cup chocolate shell topping (for ice cream)
- *7 chocolate-covered strawberries drizzled with white chocolate
- *16 strawberries, hulled and sliced in half
- For the crust: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together the chocolate wafer cookies and sugar in a large bowl. Pour in the melted butter and mix until well combined. Press the mixture into an 11-inch tart pan. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- For the filling: Combine the cream, milk and freeze-dried strawberries in a medium pot. Bring to a simmer, remove from the heat and add the white chocolate chips and vanilla. Let stand for a few minutes to let the chocolate melt, then whisk until the chocolate is blended into the cream mixture. Transfer to a blender and blend until the strawberries are pureed and the mixture is smooth. Pour into the prepared crust and refrigerate until set, 3 to 4 hours. Once set, place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- For the topping: Pour the chocolate shell topping over the filling to completely cover. Arrange the chocolate-covered strawberries in the center of the tart. Line up the sliced strawberries side-by-side and cut-side down around the edge of the tart with the pointed ends facing in towards the center of the tart. Slice with a warmed knife and serve.