𝙉𝙤 𝙗𝙖𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝘾𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙔𝙪𝙢 𝙔𝙪𝙢
• 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
• 6 tablespoons salted butter, melted
• 8 ounce block cream cheese, softened to room temp.
• ½ cup sugar
• 2 cups (1 pint) heavy whipping cream
• 3 tablespoons sugar
• ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
• 21 ounce can cherry pie filling
- Start by crushing the graham crackers into crumbs. I put about 10 graham cracker sheets into a ziploc bag then pounded them with a heavy object (like a rolling pin or flat meat tenderizer). You need enough to make 1 ½ cups in crumbs.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons of the crumbs (we’ll use that for the topping.) In a medium bowl, combine melted butter with graham cracker crumbs.
- Spread the rest of the crumbs into a 9×9-inch baking dish. Push down with your hands to make a flat layer.
- Next, combine softened cream cheese with ½ cup sugar. This is easiest if you use a stand mixer or a handheld electric mixer. Set this bowl aside.
- In a separate bowl (to make the whipped cream), combine the heavy whipping cream, 3 tablespoons sugar and vanilla extract. Using a stand or electric mixer, whip it until stiff peaks form. You can skip this if you are using COOL WHIP. This will take a minute or two on a high speed setting.
- Combine the cream cheese mixture with the whipped cream, by hand, until combined well.
- Spread half of the cream cheese/whipped cream mixture evenly over crust.
- Evenly spread the cherry pie filling over the whipped cream layer. Finally, top with the remaining cream cheese/whipped cream mixture. Spread evenly. Top with reserved graham cracker crumbs.
- Refrigerate for a couple hours (or overnight) before slicing and serving.